Some rules clarification:
1) This is 8,000 gp book value, not what you could craft it for value (since you are not crafting it).
2) 5 individual items. Not 5 bundles of items totaling up to 8,000 gp.
3) I will be choosing 1 item from the list. So having multiple items on the list that are cheap will not get you multiple items.
4) Whatever item you get should NOT be sold in game unless something better comes along within the campaign and your character will no longer use it. Do not get something that you are just going to turn around and sell.
5) This item will NOT be taken away if something happens to the party. Somehow, the item is tied to you and if something happens such as the party being captured and their stuff taken or their homes ransacked, etc., this item will "turn up" somewhere for them whether by appearing back home, your friend's house, the church, etc.
6) The item must be a Pathfinder item (not something out of D&D 3.5) and it must be something from a Paizo referenced source (basically any Paizo books but not a third party Pathfinder supplement book).
7) This item will come to you in some sentimental way to your character and so must be treated as such by your character. A gift from a loved one, a gift from a close friend, etc. How you got it and where it came from will be decided by me and you will be informed upon receiving the item.
8) Wish list items CANNOT be an additional enchantment or enhancement to a currently owned item. It MUST be a completely new item. So no increasing a weapon from +1 to +2 or the like.
If you have any further questions let me know. These rules clarifications are subject to change and can be added to as I see fit to prevent the gift from being taken advantage of (even more so than being given a free 8,000 gp lol).